February Event Calander
Read on for more details on the events!
Up and coming Magic Events
Well Several things...
Start Collecting Sale!
We're really quite keen on Games Workshops new Start Collecting! boxes, with over £70.00 worth of miniatures in each box our £45.00 price tag should be reason enough to take a look. If you need more incentive though, if you order any Start Collecting! box in-store during February we will give you 20% off all related Games Workshop purchases.
New Tea/Coffee Price
While we don't like raising prices here, in order not to make a loss we are having to increase tea and coffee to £0.75p a cup and our coffee cards are now £7.50 for 11 cups of brown joy. If you still have a coffee card you can continue to use it for however many tea/coffee cups you have remaining and cans of drinks are remaining the same price.
A new club has started meeting here at A Fistful of Dice. Every Thursday from 5pm the Portsmouth Miniature Modellers and Painters club (PMMP for short) will be meeting in-store. This is the perfect time for hobbyists to hang out, share tips and ideas and get creative. Check out the Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/798187240308103/
On the 7th of Feb we'll be holding another Gotham City Royal Rumble!
Registration will be at 12:00 with the play starting in at 12:30
Break at 15:30 for lunch
Tickets for the Event will be £7.00
available on our website
or as always in store
Welcome our latest Batman Miniatures Game event in Portsmouth.
There are twelve spaces available for this event and you can buy your ticket in store or via our wesbite (https://www.afistfulofdice.co.uk/event)
Each event ticket will come with a goody bag and a raffle ticket. Between rounds we will be raffling off a fully painted Solomon Grundy Model and a fully painted Animated series Batman
1st, 2nd and 3rd place will receive a Winners certificate (bragging right included) and a £10, £5 vouchers going to 1st and second place.
With last place received on of our highly coveted wooden spoons!
Crew rosters should be submitted prior to the event, by 12pm Saturday 30th of January. If you do, this is worth TBC tournament points. You’ll still be able to play if you submit after this date, however you will miss out on these bonus points. One way or another though, all crew rosters MUST be submitted for review and approval, even if it means on the day of the event, and that could be awkward if there is a problem with your list on the day.
Anyone found to have altered their list from the one submitted without notifying a judge will score zero points in each round that the altered list is used.
Army lists should be submitted to the event organizer by email at email@example.com
You must use the same crew roster for all games, and please remember to write your name on your list.
When you arrive at the vent on the Saturday, you must register with a member of staff. This is to ensure that all players who have entered are present.
Saturday 16th of May
12:30 – 14:30: Game 1
15:45 – 17:45 Game 2
18:00 - 20:00: Game 3
20:15 Results & Prizes
Your crew roster may be under in points but you may not you may not exceed the maximum reputation
or funding limits.
The standard crew building rules will be in place for this event:
You can only include 1 Leader. This must be the "Band Leader"
You can only include 1 Sidekick, unless you choose a Sidekick as "Band Leader".
You can only include 1 Free Agent every part of 150 reputation points of the Band total.
You can include any number of Henchmen.
You cannot include two of the same character, unless they are a Henchman*.
On Saturday the 14th of February we'll be running a Malifuax Games day
- Demoing Malifaux to new players
-Playing Malifuax Games both large and small
-Painting building models and offering advice on both
-We'll also be running the night of the Carver and Transmortis story based games
The Games day will be free so come on down and join the fun
Yet again the gang down at A Fistful of Dice, we have worked our butts off to bring our Vanguard players another sneak peak event, this time for the Reckless Rampage release.
Registration begins at 12:00
The event starting by 12:30
So come on down and have a counterblast!!!!
The Event Cost will be £10 with tickets available online
and as always in store
The format is Booster Draft
1. Decide on the seating arrangement around the table with a random method. (e.g. rock-paper-scissors)
2. Each person will open one pack, and check the cards inside that pack. (Booster Packs from Vol.6 – Breaker of Limits onwards will contain 4 normal units and 1 trigger unit, making it a total of 5 cards.)
3. Choose the trigger unit, as well as a normal unit and place them face down! Fighters may not peek at the face down cards. (If you are drafting Extra Boosters or Booster Packs Vol.1 to Vol.5, each player chooses only one card.)
4. Once everyone has chosen their cards, all fighters will pass the rest of the cards in hand to the person on the left, in a clockwise direction!
5. With the cards received from the fighter on the right, choose a card and place it face down. Once everyone is done, pass the rest of the cards in hand to the left again. Repeat until all the cards have been taken.
6. Between the third and fourth pack, you may check your own face down cards! Starting from the fourth pack, pass the cards in hand to the person on your right (anti-clockwise)!
7. Once all 6 packs have been opened and passed around, the draft ends! The fight will now begin with the 30 cards chosen and formed as a deck!
1. Use all the 30 chosen cards as your deck!
2. The rules which restrict only 4 of the same card, as well as only 4 heal triggers in a deck do not apply here!
Ticket are available in store and via our Website
there will be limited places so please book your place asap
As always feel free to come down on the day however we cannot guarantee places on the day.
On Saturday the 13th of February were holding a Games Day for MTG's new Oath of the Gatewatch set.
We've got some great prizes and fantastic players so come on down!
Magic Game Day events are one-day tournaments using the Standard format. These tournaments are held at local game and hobby stores three weeks after a new set becomes available for purchase. Game Day events provide a great way for players to see how the newest set has impacted the shape of Standard.
Each participant in the Magic Game Day tournament receives a full-art promo card, and each player in the Top 8 receives a premium full-art promo card, while supplies last.
The winner of each Game Day tournament receives a special Champion play-mat to commemorate their victory. This limited-edition play-mat is only awarded to the winner, so be sure to bring your A-game!
While mainly focused on providing a fun, relaxed environment in which to enjoy Magic, Game Day events are many players’ first experiences with competitive Magic. They offer a great opportunity to become familiar with some of the rules associated with the more competitive levels of play. Here are some important things to keep in mind:
Players should bring their own Standard deck, which is a minimum of 60 cards and has a sideboard of up to 15 cards
Players should remember to bring their own method for tracking life totals, as well as tokens, card sleeves, and counters
Entry: £5 on the door including free booster pack
A Hawk Talon is going to be helping us run our first Dropzone Commander event. So if you've ever been tempted to give the game a go or if you have a force and want to take it to the table come down and play.
The event will start at 12:00 and there will be scenery and armies available for people to play with already in-store so even people who've never played before are welcome to try the game out.
AN:R & Ales - 2016 Store Championships, retaining a focus on a casual enjoyment of the game within a semi-structured environment.
To have a bit of fun.
21st February 2016
Registration at 10:00am first game starts at 10:30am, anticipated finish of Swiss 17:30; Double Elimination 19:00.
UK, Hampshire, Portsmouth, Fistful of Dice, 72 Elm Grove:
£10 per player, limited availability.
Tickets will be sold on a first come first serve basis and will be able to be bought in advance from our website:
*****Awards & Prizes*****
2016 Store Championships Kit &
2015 Winter Tournament Kit.
Raffle Prizes to be picked at random between games, limited to one win per player (with potential exception of last place;) prizes include but not limited to
* Signed cards from Bruno Balixa, Lili Ibrahim and Mike Nesbitt,
* 7 ID cards customized by Fernando Lobos Andrews from The Flatline,
* 3 Cards customized by the very talented Christina from FabArt Project,
* Several 'doodled' cards from local artists, including: I Am Posy & Kendal James,
* Polish language versions of some of the key cards from the Core set &
* 1 art print.
This section is subject to change once I’ve read the latest FAQ, however it is expected to be your standard tournament structure.
1. 5 games of Swiss before cut to Double Elimination,
2. 1 game consists of 2 matches; players must play 1 match as the Corporation and 1 match as the Runner per game.
3. Winning a match will give you 2 points, losing a match 0 points and if time is called the person who has the most agenda points will score 1 point.
4. Time allocation for each game is 70mins, which allows 35mins per match, anticipated schedule including below:
10:30 > 11:45 – Game 1
11:45 > 13:00 – Game 2
13:00 > 13:30 – FOOD
13:30 > 14:45 – Game 3
14:45 > 16:00 – Game 4
16:00 > 17:15 – Game 5
17:15 > 17:50 - Elimination Match 1
17:50 > 18:25 - Elimination Match 2
18:25 > 19:00 - Elimination Match 3
Dependent upon results & time a cut to Double Elimination may occur after Round 4.
1. All Data Packs & Deluxe Expansions up to and including Date & Destiny will be legal.
2. Alt Art cards are allowed as long as it is clear to both players what it is representing.
3. Opaque or Pictured sleeves are required for all cards, with the exception of the ID & Click Tracker cards.
4. Each player will need legal decks for both Corporation and Runner, the relevant tokens to play and deck lists.
5. Latest FAQ will be followed; however we should all support friendly play and encourage helping each other out during the day
This is our First store championship for A Game of thrones and we're planning to make it awesome
Tickets are £10 and available in store
or on our website (https://www.afistfulofdice.co.uk/event)
The winner receives a Store Championship plaque and a card granting one first-round bye at a Regional Championship of the player’s choice.
Top Four: The top four players each receive one play-mat featuring Lady Olenna and Margaery Tyrell
Top Eight: The top eight players each receive one House Tyrell deck box
Top Thirty-Two: The top thirty-two players each receive one The Eyrie alternate art card
Registration will begin at 12:00
Round 1 - 12:30
Round 2 - 13:50
Round 3 - 14:40
Lunch - 15: 30
Round 4 - 16:00
Round 5 - 16:50 (if needed)
Prizes given out and the dead raised by balor 17:50
For any questions please E-mail: Scott@afistfulofdice.co.uk
With the help of a man named Zak we will be hosting our first Halo Fleet Battles tournament on 28/02. It is a 1500 point tournament that is on the south coast of England.
Here is a link to the event pack; https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E_C5TegGWT042uJo1D__FyYNWsaA9dLe4g8czO9cEDo/edit?usp=sharing
Entry fee is £12.00 and there are 12 spaces available.
Here are some key points;
• 3 games of 1500 points
• 3 different missions
• Faction on faction games are a real possibility
• Nice prize support
• Nice Venue in local gaming store
Would love to see this event fully attended to grow the halo community!
Just to remind you of our weekly events
Every Wednesday is Quick-draw Wednesday our card-game night - we'll be playing Yu-gi-oh!, Pokemon The Game of Thrones LCG, Munchkin and Vanguard.
Every other week we host our regular officially sanctioned Vanguard tournament with prizes and fun for all, the tournament is run on a Swiss system with prizes for first and second and third place as well as sealed promo's for all players.
If you don't see your favourite card game bring it down and show others how it's done.
Entry is £2.00 on the door
Friday Night Magic
Every Friday sees our regular Friday Night Magic event where our local players come down and get their MTG on. Our main format is Commander but we change it up on a regular basis playing standard, modern, booster drafts tiny leaders and much much more. As always we have plenty of casual play and trading going on, so come down and join in the fun!
£5 on the Door, includes a FREE Booster!
The Evening starts at 18:00 with sanctioned play starting at 19:00
Every Saturday you can come in-store and play whatever war-game you want for only £2.00 for the whole day! So whatever your game: Malifaux, WarmaHordes, Infinity, Warhammer 40,000, Dropzone Commander, Batman, X-Wing, or something new or you want to show off come on down!
It's Goodbye at the end of this month's newsletter from the Team at A Fistful of Dice!
Dave, Karl, Scott & Paul